No Entry For Shahrukh Kahn in Mumbai Stadium
Bollywood star Shah Rukh Khan has been banned from entering a Mumbai cricket stadium after scuffling with security guards. Mumbai Cricket Association official Vilasrao Deshmukh said on Friday that Khan would be banned from the stadium for five years. Khan denied reports he was drunk when he went to the stadium to pick up his children at a Indian Premier League game on Wednesday evening. He says he lost his temper when he saw security guards pushing his children.
Last month, Khan was in the news when he was stopped at a suburban New York airport for an hour and a half by agents for Homeland Security, who later apologized. Bollywood superstar and co-owner of IPL team Kolkata Knight Riders Shah Rukh Khan could be banned for life from entering the Wankhede Stadium after being involved in an incident after a match against Mumbai Indians on Wednesday night. The scuffle happened when the actor and his entourage were stopped from going on to the ground after the match, which the Kolkata Knight Riders won by 32 runs. Kolkata Knight Riders lie in second position in the tournament. An official with an Indian cricket league says the group has filed a police complaint against Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan after a scuffle at a stadium in the city.
The incident took place when a jubilant Shah Rukh, who was not at the stadium during the match, arrived at the Wankhede after the post-match presentation ceremony with several children, according to Times of India. Shah Rukh, who played the role of gang warlord in the Bollywood serial ‘Don’, allegedly misbehaved with security and officials of the Mumbai Cricket Association (MCA) and was in an inebriated state.
Mumbai officials said the actor lost his cool when he was denied entry with his entourage. MCA joint secretary Nitin Dalal said the actor pushed security guards and also abused some Indian Cricket Board and MCA officials. The cricket association has lodged a police complaint and says it will also complain to the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI).
“He (Khan) misbehaved and abused the MCA security personnel as well as MCA officials, including our president Vilasrao Deshmukh, after the IPL match (between KKR and Mumbai Indians). We have decided to ban him for life from entering the stadium in future,” MCA treasurer Ravi Savant said. “SRK was dead drunk, our security tried to stop him but he pushed him and abused in such filthy language that I cannot use it here. Our officials tried to pacify him but he started abusing them, he abused MCA, BCCI and used the f word and said whatever you want to do you do it…,” Savant said.
This is the second brawl that the actor has allegedly been involved in in recent times. Some months ago he was reported to have got ingto a scuffle with Shirish Kunder, the husband of director Farah Khan. The Shah Rukh controversy also comes very soon after the lucrative T-20 tournament was rocked by a sting operation conducted by a TV news channel, in which five IPL players were purportedly caught on camera indulging in spot-fixing and other “murky deals.” The five accused players have been suspended pending an inquiry.